Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Day Recap

I remember when we were younger, my sister and I would go to bed early, announcing to the house that the sooner we went to bed, the sooner morning would come. I think every year we would get up at like 7 a.m. and our mom insisted on torturing us by telling us that we had to wait and take a shower and get dressed. But you better your bottom that the next year, we still got up at 7:00 asking if we could open presents! Now, it’s kinda funny, I am sure at the time…not so funny!

Now that I have gotten married and my sister has her started her own little family, things have changed…a little bit! I just wake up earlier, shower at home and then show up to my mom’s at seven to open presents. Ok, just kidding! I did notice that opening presents isn’t so important anymore; I think that the appreciation of time with our family outweighs any materialistic gift. I love it! We did however, get some awesome gifts! Haha!




After opening presents we sat down as a family for an amazing brunch! Mommy’s ham, Brenton’s quiche, some fresh fruit, and lots of family time!




That night was the big Christmas gathering. All of the family gathered, ate, and celebrated. Later on, all of the kids were sat down to hear a Christmas story and then with a glance out the front window, a visitor was caught, and all of the kids, big and small, welcomed him in…



After gifts were given from Santa himself, it was time to call it a night, I went to bed thankful for these occasions…the ones in which we able to gather and submerge ourselves within the moment, it is times like this that create the memories that last a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, it sounds like your family is so sweet! You're very lucky!! We tell Harm and Osh they have to wait 'til a certain time (this year it was 8:30), which I know is painful for them!

    ReplyDelete