Friday, January 2, 2009

Cheers

Within the final hours of 2008, Brenton and I decided to keep it low key this year and stay in with the family. We gave in to the New Years tradition of take-out Chinese, and relaxed with a glass of wine. We consumed ourselves in love and laughter with the family. What more could we ask for? As midnight approached, we toasted to the New Year with a glass of champagne and as the final seconds came and went, we sealed the end of a year and the beginning of a next with a sweet little kiss. My favorite part, if I do say so myself! The ending of 2008 was kind of bittersweet, it was home to many unforgettable and life changing moments, but I am definitely excited for the new year will bring. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Times at home are always the best of times...We made a bunch of snacks and did fireworks in the driveway, then we all kissed at midnight. Denali wanted to keep reenacting it (the countdown and kissing part) afterward - I didn't complain!!

    ReplyDelete