Friday, January 2, 2009

The Hillman's Christmas Eve

So Christmas this year was a little crazy, but who doesn’t love crazy?!? Christmas Eve was a showcase to the life of procrastination that we seem to live! That morning we wrapped our very first gift, did a little more shopping, and then scrambled to be on time for The Hillman Christmas Eve. The festivities are held at my mother-in-law’s, it all started with the consumption of as much food as humanly possible. I couldn’t stay away! There were Mushroom Crescents (Brenton’s Fav.), Amish Summer Sausage, Veggies, Dip, Crackers and the famous Oyster Stew, and then there were the brownies, Corn Flake Wreaths, cookies, cookies, and more cookies. Amazing!


It was time to open presents. We have the tradition of the youngest person getting to choose the first gift to hand out, Osh got to do the honors, and then Harmony was next, and it moved up the ladder! It was so awesome to sit back and watch the kid’s eyes light up! Especially little Denali! After all the presents were opened, it was a race to remove all of the toys from their packages! Ready set go!


I received this hat and glove set from Tyler, Jenny, Denali, Harmony, and Osh!! Amazing, right? I'd definitely have to say that it's one of my favorite Christmas gifts.







Laure gave me an awesome paper organizer for my scrapbooking. Believe me, it was desperately needed, at the moment all of papers are just sitting in a pile on my desk, waiting for a home!




After everything was said and done, it turned out to be the perfect ending to a hectic day.

1 comment:

  1. The food was yummy, the gifts were awesome, but the company was the most wonderful part of all!!! I'm so glad you liked your hat and gloves!!! We loved everything, too; and I promise, I'm sending you photos of my awesome photo book that you made, asap!!!

    ReplyDelete